The American-made Waco (pronounced Wah!-koh) Standard Cabin Series biplanes were popular as private, corporate and charter operators. The museum’s Waco UIC was originally owned by Duane Stranahan, the Champion Spark Plug Company magnate of Toledo, Ohio. The aircraft passed through a series of owners until Jack Johnson acquired and restored the aircraft in 1983, registering it as CF-AAW. Mr. Johnson kindly donated the aircraft to the Alberta Aviation Museum in 1996.
- Wingspan: 10.13 m
- Length: 7.67 m
- Powerplant: 1 x Continental R-670-5 7 cyl. radial engine (157 kW)
- Maximum Speed: 225 km/h
- Cruise Speed: 190 km/h
- Range: 885 km
- Crew: 1
- Passengers: 3
Excerpt from Alberta Aviation Museum – 30 Years of Progress
The Waco Aircraft Company of Troy, Ohio, (the Weaver Aircraft Co. before 1929) produced a series of Standard Cabin Biplanes throughout the 1930s. There were about two dozen models identified by three-letter codes, depending mainly on the radial engine used. The aircraft were fast by the day’s standards and could accommodate 4 or 5 passengers in comfort, making them popular as executive transports.
You can learn more about this aircraft by purchasing a copy of our 30th Anniversary Souvenir Book or by visiting the museum today!