Clear your schedules for September 25th as advanced tickets are now on sale for one of the city’s most high-flying adventure events. The Alberta Aviation Museum is welcoming back its ever-popular Open Cockpit Day this Fall. It’s the one day of the year where people and families of all ages can experience unique and rare historical aircraft up-close and personal in the pilot’s seat!
Join in on the celebration at the museum’s authentic WWII air hangar and receive a full, unique aviation experience. Take a crack at air traffic management through the Eyes on the Skies exhibit and learn about sustainability and the biology of flight at the YEG Honeycomb Resident Beehives. Check out and interact with an exciting line-up of fire trucks, service transports, and military vehicles. Engage in family programming and exhilarating flight-simulators. Special guests include members of the Edmonton Flying club, 504 Blatchford Field Air Cadets, Vets Canada and more!
Of course, no Open Cockpit is complete without the first-hand experience of sitting in the captain’s seat of a historical aircraft. The special return of this special celebration will see the museum open almost a dozen of its aircraft to the public. Whether it is to capture the perfect photo for your newsfeeds, or to channel your inner fighter-pilot, there is an aircraft opportunity for everyone!
Catch a Glimpse of Some of our Participating Aircraft:
- Noorduyn Norseman IV
- Lockheed TF-104G Starfighter
- Fleet Model 80 Canuck
- Beechcraft Expeditor 3NM (Model 18)
- Canadair CT-133 Silver Star Mk. 3AT
- Bell 47G
- Piper PA-18 Super Cub
- de Havilland DH.82C Tiger Moth
Food trucks, photo booths, and family scavenger hunts with prizes will also be available throughout the day. The museum will also be launching a souvenir book that commemorates 30 years as a museum in historic Hangar 14. Copies are available for purchase online with tickets to the event.
Advance tickets on on-sale now! SKIP THE LINES and pre-purchase your tickets online between now and September 24th!
Special event ticket pricing is in effect at $20/adults, $17/students/seniors, $15.50/youth 13-17, $14.50/children 6-12. Children 5 and under are free.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination.
- Single COVID-19 vaccination dose, administered a minimum of 14 days prior to planned attendance. This option is only valid until October 25, 2021.
- Negative COVID-19 PCR or rapid test, from a paid private testing provider, taken with 72 hours of the event’s start time. (NOTE: Tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories will NOT be accepted, as per the guidelin)
- Proof of documentation of an approved medical exemption.
Masks for all patrons are required, as per AHS policy.