Blatchford Field 90th Anniversary Celebrations
- This event has passed.
It was 90 years ago when Punch Dickins and Mayor Ambrose Bury shook hands and Canada’s first municipal air harbour was opened. Today the Alberta Aviation Museum is committed to preserving the legacy and rich history of Blatchford Field as the next part of the story begins. Join as we celebrate this momentous anniversary!
The day’s activities will include:
- Kids will be able to dress-up as a Bush Pilot, a Fighter Pilot, and a Commercial Pilot, and have their photographs taken with the aircraft on display.
- Visitors will get to sit in the cockpits of airplanes normally closed to the public.
- At 1pm we’ll be presenting a re-enactment of the opening of Blatchford Field.
- Guest speaker Denny May will talk about his famous father, aviation pioneer Wop May, who was instrumental in the successful creation of Blatchford Field.
- The Blatchford Development Group will give a special presentation on the future of Blatchford Field.
It will also provide the opportunity for visitors to see how the museum is revitalizing its exhibits to better tell the story of our city’s remarkable aviation history.
Students & Seniors (60+) $9.50
Youth (13-17) $8.50
Children (6-12) $7.50
Family Pass* $30.00
*Includes parents and up to four children under 18. Children under 6 are free.
Prices are subject to change without notice. GST is applied on all items, including admissions. Please note that coupons, attractions passes and discounts are not applicable during special events.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. Fields marked * are mandatory.